12 Reasons to Choose The Kaufman Eye Institute for Cataract Surgery
1. The Kaufman Eye Institute is synonymous with striving for the highest possible levels of precision in cataract surgery. We believe that a better quality of vision means a better quality of life. By setting a new standard of care, we provide the best opportunity to achieve this standard for each and every patient.
2. At The Kaufman Eye Institute, “See Better. Live Better.”® is the mission of the practice. Dedication to caregiving, embracing the needs, comfort and concerns of patients is the foremost priority.
3. Dr. Kaufman is one of Florida's most experienced cataract surgeons, having performed over 40,000 cataract surgeries. Dr. Kaufman was voted the best eye surgeon in 2011, 2012 and 2014 by the South Shore News.
4. Dr. Kaufman was a developer of Insta-Sight™ Cataract Surgery. This advanced cataract surgery is performed without needles, stitches and patches so that patients can see "instantly" and return to normal activities.
5. Dr. Kaufman was the first surgeon in the Tampa Bay Area to use a FDA-approved foldable lens implant.
6. Dr. Kaufman uses the most advanced, specialized instruments and surgical techniques. He is constantly updating his skills and knowledge to optimize the outcome of every surgical procedure.
7. Dr. Kaufman’s expertise has reached well beyond his medical practice. For 25 years, he was an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of South Florida, teaching resident physicians ophthalmologic surgery. He was also an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Southern California and the University of Illinois College of Medicine.
8. Dr. Kaufman was educated in ophthalmology at the prestigious Doheny Eye Institute, University of Southern California/Los Angeles County Hospital and the world famous University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary in Chicago.
9. Dr. Kaufman's reputation for achieving excellence is far reaching. Patients, their friends and their family have come from around the globe for his specialized care.
10. Dr. Kaufman was the first ophthalmic surgeon in the Tampa Bay Area to perform a cataract procedure using the new TRULIGN™ Toric accommodating intraocular (IOL) lens implant which corrects astigmatism as well as providing a full range of focus. He was the first surgeon in the Tampa Bay area to use Crystalens®.
11. The Kaufman Eye Institute is a Certified Center of Crystalens® Excellence.
12. Dr. Kaufman is Board Certified and a Diplomate of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.